- Bhide, Amar. "The Questions Every Entrepreneur Must Answer." Harvard Business Review, November-December 1996. (Available from Harvard Business Online.)
- Catlin, Katherine and Jana Matthews. Building the Awesome Organization: Six Essential Components that Drive Entrepreneurial Growth. New York: Hungry Minds Inc., 2002.
- Cullinane, John J. The Entrepreneur's Survival Guide: 101 Tips for Managing in Good Times & Bad. Illinois: Business One Irwin, 1993.
- Krass, Peter, ed. Book of Entrepreneurs' Wisdom: Classic Writings by Legendary Entrepreneurs. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1999.
- Lusk, John and Kyle Harrison. The MouseDriver Chronicles: The True-Life Adventures of Two First-Time Entrepreneurs. Cambridge: Perseus, 2001.
Writing a Business Plan
- Rich, Stanley R. and David E. Gumpert. "How to Write a Winning Business Plan." Harvard Business Review, May-June 1985. (Available from Harvard Business Online.)
- Bhide, Amar. "Bootstrap Finance: The Art of Start-ups." Harvard Business Review, November-December 1992. (Available from Harvard Business Online.)
- Kravitt, Gregory I. How to Raise Capital: Preparing and Presenting a Business Plan. Dow Jones-Irwin, 1984. Books HG 4026 .K7 1984.
- Merrill, Ronald E. Raising Money: Venture Funding and How to Get It. AMA, 1990. Reserves HG 4751 .M47 1990.
- Cohen, William. The Entrepreneur and Small Business Problem Solver: An Encyclopedic Reference and Guide. Wiley, 1990 Books HD 62.7 .C63 1990.
- Kawasaki, Guy. The Art of the Start: The Time-Tested, Battle-Hardened Guide for Anyone Starting Anything. Portfolio, 2004.
- Kolchinsky, Peter. The Entrepreneur's Guide to a Biotech Startup, 3rd Edition. Boston: Evelexa BioResources, 2001. (Available for free download from www.evelexa.com.)
- Sahlman, William A., Howard H. Stevenson, Michael J. Roberts, and Amar Bhide, eds. The Entrepreneurial Venture, 2nd Edition. Boston: Harvard Business School Press, 1999.