OTDís high performance team provides a solid foundation in science, business development, intellectual property and contract law that enables it to design creative solutions that translate into enduring, fruitful relationships.
- Working with OTD
- Inventor's Handbook
- Startup Guide
- Protecting Your Invention
- Exploring Intellectual Property
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Policies, Forms, and Agreements
- Creating Startup Ventures
- Harvard's Office for Sponsored Programs
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- European Patent Office
- World Intellectual Property Organization
- Association of University Technology Managers
For Harvard Faculty and Inventors
OTD protects faculty interests while advancing discoveries toward commercial development. A high-performance team with a broad range of expertise provides a full suite of support services to ensure your invention reaches its fullest potential. We stand ready to assist you to:
- effectively transfer discoveries and inventions from the laboratory into commercial development
- generate collaborations with industrial partners for new sources of research sponsorship
- protect intellectual property while protecting academic priorities, interests and values
- evaluate whether your research results are patentable and navigate it through the patenting process
- monitor research and license agreements to ensure the development and commercialization of your technologies
The Office of Technology Development has created a secure and easy-to-use on-line submittal form for reporting inventions. The form can be accessed through the following link:
With respect to incoming and outgoing materials, the Office of Technology Development has implemented procedural improvements to expedite the material transfer agreement review and approval process. In order to benefit from this expedited process, please submit any material transfer requests through the following links:
Our team provides the commitment, expertise and professionalism necessary to produce effective collaborations between faculty and industry.
Harvard has created an innovative seed Accelerator Fund designed to advance early stage research with commercial potential.
We encourage you and your colleagues across Harvardís research community to take full advantage of the innovative funding opportunities that we hope will give rise to fertile new research collaborations. We look forward to your active engagement and participation.
- Click here for more information.